The Filibuster

Okay, which race do you think is the most exciting? The NL West or the open senatorial seat in Delaware?

Mitch
Burr Ridge, IL

_______________________________

christine odonnell.jpg

Exciting isn’t the word I’d use here, Mitch.  The fact that the NL West is still so wide open merely reflects the drama inherent in baseball.  And of course the Rockies are right in the middle of it.  Do you remember their run to the World Series back in 2007?  That one game playoff with the Padres?  The NL West is all drama and it often involves the Rockies.

The Delaware race, on the other hand, is just frightening.  How is it possible that a person like Christine O’Donnell finds herself in this position?  Here’s the thing.  When even a conservative stalwart like William Kristol thinks that you don’t belong, that doesn’t bode well for your bona fides. 

Let’s look at the facts.  Seriously, you can’t make this stuff up.  She thinks masturbation is adultery.  This is bad news for the 99% of men who partake in a little self love as well as the remaining 1% who simply lie about it.  She dabbled in witchcraft.  Witchcraft! 

And as if that wasn’t enough, she only received her college degree this summer at the age of 40.  This isn’t the story of woman who went back to get her diploma, though.  No, the reason why she just got it now?  She never got around to paying off her college tuition.  This seems more than a little ironic from a Tea Party candidate who claims the mantle of “fiscal responsibility.”

The biggest difference between the NL West and Delaware, though, is that the baseball race is being fought by professionals but the political contest is straight up amateur hour.  Why else would O’Donnell agree to go on a couple Sunday morning news shows and then pull out at the last minute?  Look, I get it.  She doesn’t want to pull a Palin and accidentally mention how she never reads a newspaper or that she can see Bermuda from her doorstep.  But you’re running for the Senate!  This is not a game.  The laws passed in the Senate affect our lives for years.

So Mitch, I’ll be watching both races.  And my money is on the heart-attack kids from Colorado.  I just hope that any bets on the Delaware race are based on whether O’Donnell loses by more or less than twenty points.

-A

***SEND US YOUR FILIBUSTERS****

Something on your mind?  Want to see Jeff and Al sweat (separately, not together, eww)?  Think you got a real stumper?  Send us your Filibuster question(s) by commenting or emailing them to us at kraulung@gmail.com. 

***Pics of Jeff’s secret make-out sessions with his Troy Tulowitzki bobble-head also welcome.

5 Comments

I’ve been enjoying the clips of O’Donnell from Bill Maher’s old show “Politically Incorrect.” They’re priceless….and scary.

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com

At least it’s an actual college and not a mail-away diploma or Liberty University. That’s something.
http://www.paullebowitz.com/
http://princeofny.blogspot.com/

If she wins, I am seriously moving. Or maybe I should just start and anti-O’Donnell campaign. This woman is the antithesis of common sense and rationality. There…that will be my slogan ;o)

Jenn
http://philliesphollowers.mlblogs.com/

I’ll choose the NL West race over her. Just sayin’.

http://heirloom.mlblogs.com

And the Dodgers were there helping make this into a three way race. At least they salvaged one game. Glad I went to the Ball Four turns forty event on Satuday instead of watching them give up a dozen runs. BTW, the event was GRRREAT!
.

Christine O’Donnell was the subject that Peter Tilden of KABC was talking about in the 6 o’ clock hour. You had to call back in the 7 o’clock hour and tell him what the subject was about to win Dodger tickets.
Emma
http://crzblue.mlblogs.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 67 other followers

%d bloggers like this: